(7 Days – Departs Daily on a Private Basis)
This week-long private tour of Morocco explores the ancient cities of Fez and Marrakesh. Accommodation is at the most deluxe properties.
Begin in Fez, the intellectual and religious heart of Morocco. During private touring, explore Fez el-Bali (“Old Fez”) and its medieval medina, a UNESCO World Heritage Site crammed with narrow streets, tiny squares and busy workshops. See centuries-old mosques and universities, as well as the open-air tanneries. If desired, also visit studios where artisans create traditional carpets, copperware, leatherwork, ceramics and zellij tilework. Also tour Fez el-Djedid (“New Fez”) to see the Royal Palace and explore the mellah, the largest Jewish quarter in Morocco.
Next, visit Rabat, Morocco’s sophisticated seaside capital. Stroll through the beautiful Andalusian Gardens, and visit the landmark Kasbah of the Udayas, which perches on a hill above a scenic estuary. Also explore a medieval necropolis, see French colonial architecture, and discover the city’s best museums and galleries.
Continue to Marrakesh, a beautiful city of pink buildings, bustling souks (markets), and upscale shops and restaurants. During private touring, explore exquisite Moorish gardens and architectural highlights such as Jardin Majorelle, Jardin Menara, the Palmeraie and the Bahia Palace. See important historic monuments and districts, including the Jewish quarter, Koutoubia Mosque, and Ali ben Youssef Mosque and Medersa. If desired, also visit museums such as Dar Si Said Museum of Moroccan Arts. T
ake an insider tour of the massive souks where shops offer local products such as argan oil, Berber carpets and Moroccan slippers. Also visit the spice souks, which are stocked with locally harvested saffron, cumin and other ingredients. Relax with a glass of Moroccan mint tea at one of our favorite spots, and enjoy reservations at elegant restaurants in restored ryads (guesthouses). One night, explore Djemaa el-Fna, the city’s lively main square, which transforms each evening into a multisensory pageant of energetic street performances and tantalizing food stalls. If desired, visit the best boutiques and galleries in Gueliz. One day, take a private excursion to the High Atlas Mountains to visit local villages and a Berber market. There will also be time to enjoy your luxurious resort, one of the most exclusive hotels in Morocco.
- Day 1 Arrive Casablanca – Fez Private arrival transfer to hotel for 2 nights, with introductory tour of Casablanca on arrival if time permits
- Day 2 Fez Full-day private tour
- Day 3 Fez – Rabat – Marrakesh Private transfer to hotel for 4 nights with touring in Rabat en route
- Day 4 Marrakesh Full-day private tour. Evening visit to Djemaa el-Fna
- Day 5 Marrakesh & High Atlas Mountains Full-day private excursion
- Day 6 Marrakesh Flexible private touring or shopping
- Day 7 Depart Morocco Private transfer to airport in Marrakesh or Casablanca
- Fez: Riad Fes or Hotel Sahrai
- Marrakesh: Amanjena or La Mamounia